An Amateur's Video Guide To Performance Makeup.
Some things are best taught by demonstration, and the effective application of makeup is no exception. This instructional video is ideal for explaining in great visual detail the vast gamut of makeup, from applying the base to taking the makeup off, and everything in between! Face To Face is dived into five act which illustrate the following:
- Creating a Character acts as a starting point, addressing the purpose of makeup and how it helps a performer create a unique character.
- Basic Stage Makeup takes you into the dressing room, discussing the many details you must consider prior to makeup application as well as the actual process of applying makeup.
- Special Applications demonstrates how to drastically change physical features: noses, chins beards and mustaches, black eyes, scarring and cuts, skin wrinkling and prosthetic devices.
- Fantasy makeup explains the creation and use of makeup in bringing fantasy characters such as clowns, werewolves, witches and cats to live.
- Cleaning Up teaches the proper removal of makeup, while helping to minimize problems such as skin irritation. An important subject that is often overlooked.
This three tape video package addresses many issues pertaining to makeup, offering instructor and student alike an in depth course in basic makeup techniques as well as solutions for specific makeup challenges.