Starring Ethan Leeds, Russell Leeds and Jeremy Le Poidevin with a Guest Appearance by Craig Petty.
Children's magicians normally shy away from close up magic for a variety of reasons. This DVD aims to show how you can vastly increase your income by adding close up magic to the list of services you offer your clients. Weddings, close up shows, festivals, restaurants and more - there are dozens of different ways close up magic can be used to increase your business.
Ethan Leeds co-runs one of the most successful children's entertainment companies in the UK. Kids Love Magic book over 1000 shows a year. Russell Leeds is one of the busiest children's entertainers in the UK, regularly performing at over 15 shows a week. Both Russell and Ethan are also experienced close up workers with close up bookings specifically for children accounting for at least half their business. Practical Magic are well-known as suppliers of some of the best props available for today’s children’s entertainers.
Although close up magic is normally considered difficult, on this DVD Russell and Ethan show you how you can perform close up magic without needing lots of technical skill. Twelve routines are included and many of these would work as well in a full show as they would in close up making the content of this DVD even more valuable.
Russell and Ethan also take part in a 20 minute discussion about how to get close up work as a children's magician, and how close up magic can change your business model. Finally, special guest Craig Petty tips three of his most closely guarded creations designed specifically for children.
• Mr Slime - a tub of slime is given life and turned into a little man that children love.
• Psychic Paper - Ethan tips one of his favourite routines which mixes strong visuals and an engaging presentation that mystifies and entertains children.
• Balloon-A-Bike - The perfect routine to perform for the birthday child which ends with a very magical giveaway.
• The Business Of Colouring - A close up colouring routine that has the added advantage of giving away your business card with every performance.
• Bob's Got Talent - A presentation for the classic Salt Pour that you WILL use!
• Cutting A Lady In Half - The classic illusion performed close up that is as strong for adults as it is for children.
• Keeping It Real - This routine is based around the popular Toy Story series of films and engrosses kids from the very start!
• Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Who says children don't like card tricks? Craig tips his favourite card trick designed especially for children.
• Instant Popcorn - Magically pop corn in your bare hand!
• You’ll Never Guess! - A trick that also doubles up as a great game where the children win every time!
• Planet Skittle - A torn and restored Skittles pack? You bet!
• Mini Rabbit From Hat - Learn how to make a rabbit appear in a hat - close up!
• As a bonus, there is also Kellar’s Cut and Restored Cord – which is easy to perform but a little masterpiece of close up magic!
Comes complete with two Stretchy Men which are used in a couple of the routines.
Approx total running time: 160 mins.